DAY 1 – UNDERSTANDING ME
Identify what each partner brings to the marriage and what adjustments need to be made to have a successful, lasting relationship
- What is marriage?
- Why are you getting married?
- Why are you getting married NOW?
- How do you know you love her/him?
- What fears do you have about marriage?
- SHARING, UNDERSTANDING AND LEARNING FROM PAST EXPERIENCES (thoughts, feelings and meaning)
- Family of origin ad parents marriage(s)
- Previous relationships
- Focusing on the future
- Questions to ask before you get married
- Identify your emotional needs (Assessment)
- Identify your love language (Assessment)
- Frustration tolerance
DAY 2 – UNDERSTANDING US
Keeping love alive. Creating passion by meeting each other’s important emotional needs
- Love defined
- Clarifying our marital goals
- Expectations, roles and responsibilities
- Love bank and how to stay in love
- Undivided attention
- Your relationship strengths and weaknesses (Assessment)
- Meeting your partner’s emotional needs
- Identifying your joined recreational activities (Assessment)
- Talking and understanding love languages – express love to your spouse in a way that your spouse can understand
- Radical honesty
DAY 3 – COMMUNICATION AND CONFLICT MANAGEMENT
The problem is not really the problem; how you handle it is. Being able to really listen and come up with win-win solutions within a space of security, trust and respect
- Why do we have arguments?
- Joined decision making
- Barriers to effective communication
- Identifiying your partner’s love busters (Assessment)
- Overcoming the barriers that destroy your lover for each other
(Disrespectful judgments, Selfish Demands, Angry outbursts, Annoying habits, Dishonesty)
- Problem solving
- Effective communication and Active listening
- Language of apoloyg (Assessment)
- Apologising and forgiving
OTHER IMPORTANT MATTERS
- In-law relationship
- Sex and intimacy
- Money matters and budgetting
- Antenuptial contract
This is an intensive and comprehensive programme to strengthen your relationship and constructively prepare you for the possible challenges and conflicts that everyone will inevitably face at some point in their marriage. The approach is educational, personal and focuses on your individual challenges.
Excellent, skills-based pre-marital coaching can contribute to keeping the passion alive and lead to a significantly happier marriage now – while you have fresh, positive energy in your relationship.