COUPLE SESSIONS for PREMARITAL COUNSELLING
In these sessions I focus very much on your individual challenges in your relationship. We assess and discuss your relationship and the dynamics in your relationship in depth. I recommend this option to couples who seem to have challenges in their dating and relating and want to make a long-term commitment that is wired for success. You will work out your differences, build a solid foundation for healthy problems solving and co-create an easy, loving partnership. These sessions are all about deepening your intimacy and celebrating your love for one another.
You will learn:
How to determine if your personal styles, values and dreams are compatible.
• We will identify agreements that will replace some of your arguments. Yes, in a healthy relationship, agreements can actually eliminate arguments.
• How to effectively ask for what you want, instead of complaining about what you didn’t get.
• How to see each other for who you really are instead of trying to fix or control one another.
• To turn toward one another instead of away from each other — even in the hardest of times.
• How to communicate while avoiding blame, personal attacks and feelings of abandonment.
• To maturely express your deepest emotions without fear of being judged.
Identify what each partner brings to the marriage and what adjustments need to be made to have a successful, lasting relationship
- What fears do you have about marriage?
- SHARING, UNDERSTANDING AND LEARNING FROM PAST EXPERIENCES (thoughts, feelings and meaning)
- Family of origin ad parents marriage(s)
- Previous relationships
- Focusing on the future
- Questions to ask before you get married
- Identify your emotional needs (Assessment)
- Identify your love language (Assessment)
- Frustration tolerance
Keeping love alive. Creating passion by meeting each other’s important emotional needs
- Love defined
- Clarifying our marital goals
- Expectations, roles and responsibilities
- Love bank and how to stay in love
- Undivided attention
- Your relationship strengths and weaknesses (Assessment)
- Meeting your partner’s emotional needs
- Identifying your joined recreational activities (Assessment)
- Talking and understanding love languages – express love to your spouse in a way that your spouse can understand
- Radical honesty
COMMUNICATION AND CONFLICT MANAGEMENT
Being able to really listen and come up with win-win solutions within a space of security, trust and respect
- Joined decision making
- Barriers to effective communication
- Identifiying your partner’s love busters (Assessment)
- Overcoming the barriers that destroy your lover for each other
(Disrespectful judgments, Selfish Demands, Angry outbursts, Annoying habits, Dishonesty)
- Problem solving
- Effective communication and Active listening
- Language of apoloyg (Assessment)
- Apologising and forgiving
OTHER IMPORTANT MATTERS
- In-law relationship
- Sex and intimacy
- Money matters and budgetting
- Antenuptial contract
This is an intensive and comprehensive programme to strengthen your relationship and constructively prepare you for the possible challenges and conflicts that everyone will inevitably face at some point in their marriage. The approach is educational but very personal and focuses on your individual challenges as a couple.
Excellent, skills-based pre-marital coaching can contribute to keeping the passion alive and lead to a significantly happier marriage now – while you have fresh, positive energy in your relationship.